Monday, November 16, 2015

#Dear15me

  Before the tag by fellow blogger @paige_mariah, I had no idea that there was a #Dear15me campaign or what it means. So, I made enquiries about the campaign and I love the idea that surrounds  what the movement stands for.

  Brief explanation of #Dear15me Campaign: 
    Basically, Dawn McCoy created a movement where we can share our stories and struggles of when we were 15 years old and share a hindsight vision to help encourage teenagers to love and accept themselves just as they are right now.
  Personally, I agree with this idea of sharing our stories and struggles to encourage teenagers because it guides teenagers and helps them focus on being teenagers. It would have been of great help to me if someone had brought up this idea when I was a teenager. With that being said, these are the 15 things that I would have loved to tell my 15 years old self.


1) You are not close to being obese, so drop that insecurity.

2) Do not stress over your hair because any hair style suits you.

3) Stick to your career path because changing it changed you a whole lot but not for bad though.

4) Do not worry about your friends because you will lose more than half of them after you clock 16.

5) Wait on it, that major environmental change you wanted will finally come.

6) You still have the phobia of growing old, so enjoy your teenage years while it lasts because adulthood is a trap!!

7) Keep playing dress ups and fake make up dates because it will come around to be very helpful.

8) Your writing skills improved like no man's business.

9) You will eventually get over road sickness but it will take a pretty long time.

10) You will later find out that you are an ambivert (combination of extrovert and introvert) and you will love it.

11) Do not stress over relationships, the one will come, hopefully.

12) You will not meet your best friend of life till later and you will love her..

13) Start learning how to save, it will help you in the long run.

14) Nobody is perfect including you!

15) Keep being an observer, it comes in handy to make the right decisions.

  These are the things I would love my 15 years old self to know,only if I can go back in time... What would you like to tell your 15 years old self? 

Feel free to leave your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment